Do you find yourself hanging onto the past, reliving old hurts and negative experiences? Those…
This week’s Mindful Moment is a reminder to take a pause when you feel yourself getting stressed out.
Know you can change the effects of stress; you do not have to be a victim.
Here is a simple but effective exercise to release stress:
- Close your eyes or choose a soft gaze and invite yourself to connect to your breath.
- Take a couple of inhales and exhales. Don’t change the flow of your breath; greet it right where it is and accept it as it is.
- Next, gently tune in to how your body feels. Observe where you hold tension.
- With the next breath, take a gentle but deep inhale, and as you exhale, imagine breathing into the muscles in that region of the body. As you breathe into the muscles, invite them to release, invite a sensation of “Ahhhh.” Imagine those muscles blossoming like a flower as it removes the tension that it carries.
- Try this for a minimum of 5 cycles (inhale and exhale is one cycle) of breath. I like ten cycles of breath to invite deep relaxation in my body.
I encourage you to be aware of your stress levels this week. When you find yourself stressed, take a quick but effective pause to regulate your levels.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!